terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
511NY is operated by the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT). Do not use this website unless you have read these terms, and accept that they will govern your right to use and access our website and all the documents, links and information contained on it.
511NY Rideshare is available to anyone who lives or works in New York State. Redistribution or republication of any part of 511NY or its content is prohibited, including by such methods as framing, other similar methods or by any other means, without the prior express written consent of NYSDOT.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer 511NY, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is maintained as confidential data and shall not be shared with third parties and is used only within the 511NY program for analytical purposes. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
To contact the Web Master for queries, use the https://511nyrideshare.org/web/statewide-511ny-rideshare/. Links may not be established to any other pages on this website without 511NY's prior written permission.
- You acknowledge that all of the content appearing on the 511NY Website pages and the "look and feel" of the Web Pages belong to 511NY and that you will not at any time directly or indirectly contest or infringe upon these rights by either attempting to imitate, copy or substitute the look and feel of 511NY with any third party website as an overlay or substitution for any 511NY page.
- If you link to this website, your website:
- May not create frames around any part of this website or use other techniques that alter the visual presentation of this website;
- May not imply that 511NY is endorsing you, your company's products or services nor shall you imply or state that 511NY is endorsing any kind of political viewpoint, position, party, affiliation, group or organization and that your link will in no way include any references to or offer sales of any kind or type in violation of NYSDOT's rules and regulations or those of any affiliated public agency's laws, rules and regulations.
- May not imply an affiliation between your company and 511NY without the prior written consent of NYSDOT;
- May not misrepresent your relationship with 511NY or present false or misleading impressions about 511NY services; and
- May not contain materials that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive and should be appropriate for all age groups;
- 511NY shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website, which is a separate website and not part of the 511NY system;
- 511NY may at any time, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your right to link to this website, with or without cause. If 511NY exercises this right, and gives you notice of such an action, you will immediately remove all links to this website; and
- 511NY may amend these Link Conditions at any time. You agree to abide by these Link Conditions and other legal terms and conditions on this website, as amended from time to time.
NYSDOT may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of 511NY, including removing, adding, modifying or otherwise changing any features and/or content at any time without notice or liability. NYSDOT reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of 511NY at any time without notice to any 511NY user or third party linked to the website.
511NY reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time as it sees fit.